Reccomendations and technical information
- gas springs with adjustable disengaging force according to customer specification
- we offer gas strut compression, tension, blocking and on request in many materials, such as stainless steel
- a wide range of terminals and anchorage elements, thanks to which the springs completely fulfill their purpose
- according to customer specifications we use length, gas strut pressure and method of attachment, propose, calculate
- we also supply instructions for assembly
DIMENSIONAL AND PRESSURE CHARACTERISTICS
All dimensions are in millimeters (mm), the pressure and power values given in Newtons (N).Information about temperatures are given in Celsius (°C)
STORAGE CONDITIONS BEFORE USING THE GAS STRUT
- in the case of a storage period up to 3 months the gas struts may be stored in a horizontal position and in a closed room at room temperature.
- in the case of a longer storage period and in countries with a warm climate, gas struts must be stored in an upright position, with the piston downward.
Gas struts are mounted generally downwards with the piston while keeping a minimum gradient of 15°. Horizontal assembly and assembly with the piston upwards must be consulted in advance.
- gas struts must not be exposed to lateral pressure
- in the case of gas struts with welded eyelets it is necessary to leave an allowance of 0.3 to 0.5 mm on the axle in terms of its diameter and an allowance of 0.5 to 1 mm on both sides of the eyelet
- the ordering of gas struts filled with maximum allowable spreadsheet pressure should be avoided
- when varnishing it is necessary to fully protect the gas strut’s piston
- never use solvents to clean the piston
Warnings for the installation of gas struts
Protect the piston from the effects of various shocks and splashing during arc welding, from sparks created during grinding, and from the spraying of paint during surface treatment. Never clamp the piston in a vise or pliers without using safety clamps made of lead, aluminum, or copper.
CONDITIONS OF USE
Number of strokes per minute: max. 5. In case of a greater number of strokes, contact us by phone or email.
- period of maintaining original characteristics: average of 30,000 cycles. Loss of technical parameters after this maximum load threshold: max 15%
- operating temperature: -30°C to + 80°C.
- the relative temperature: 20°C, deviation of the extraction strength in relation to the temperature: 1% per 3°C
Example for exertion force F1 at the value of 500 N:
at 35°C – +5% = 525 N
at -16°C – -12% = 440 N
one-year warranty from the date of filling the gas spring
Example: 01/2007 = first calendar week of 2008,
- in order for the warranty to be recognized, for example after a color surface treatment, the label with the date of filling must be readable
DISPOSAL OF GAS STRUTS
Gas struts are pressurized by a pressure of 20 to 180 bar. But before their disposal they must remain free of pressure.
For your own safety, we would like to ask that you follow these steps:
- lightly secure the gas strut in a vise,
- saw off the piston rod at a distance of 30-35 mm from its edge.
While doing so, you must observe the following recommendations
- use safety goggles while working
- use a handsaw
- throw a working cloth over the saw blade
- stop sawing when you hear the sound characteristic for pressure balancing
- release of gas from the gas strut is finished when you are able to move the piston freely with your hand